9.02.2009

*


Some random tidbits about our big 2 year old that I wanted to write down before I forget. Also, I was just thinking today how I'm entering that annoying phase [annoying to you, my family, etc.] where I'll tell you all the *cutest* things my child says. Oh my goodness today she said _____. Are you ready? :)

*When you ask her a question lately she'll start with "ummmmmm... [yes, blue, there, etc.]"

*Sometimes to ask for something especially earnestly she'll say "Please, Mommy, have it! Want it! Need it!"

*She can count to 12, always skipping 5. Her newest project is trying to count on her fingers at the same time (which she can't really do at all). If you ask how many of anything she has/wants/sees she just counts as far as she can go. loudly and emphatically.

*She can identify almost all her letters. It's crazy how fast they can learn these things!! I bought a really cool Charlie Harper ABC book after I saw it at the library - it really helped. She also got a Melissa and Doug ABC puzzle for her bday which she loves.

*The other day she had some sunglasses around her neck and held it up to my knee like a stethoscope and then said "doctor!" which was cute. Then she said a very clear "pediatrician!" I was like whaaat did you say? We had watched "Elmo goes to the doctor" before her 2 year appointment. I highly recommend it :)

*When we were on vacation we only brought a few books which we obviously had to read 100 times. Towards the end one night I tried leaving off the last words to all the lines and she knew them!

*She is going to bed happily and taking naps. Long ones! She isn't in the pickiest of eating stages and isn't throwing hit-the-floor-pull-her-hair-out tantrums. The only thing that really frustrates me lately is that she won't let me put ponytails or barrettes in. I am actively thankful for this easy moment since I know it cannot last!

1 comment:

Melissa Abby said...

I love hearing the things she is saying, I feel the same way when I write the few words that Grant is saying. She is growing up so much! So glad you guys had such a fun summer! And that she is sleeping well and not throwing fits :)