12.16.2011

*14 meses

Little Edie is 14 months!  Thinking back to where we were a year ago - Ben in New York on a research trip and me reaching breaking point late into the night with a colicky baby...  whew, anyway now she is a little joy. A feisty adorable little bug of a girl.  She walks around the house calling Mama? all day. Mama?  Mama? Mama?  Then when she sees me she quickly toddles over with her arms in the air and buries her head in my knees - I love it.  She and Vera also have a lot of fun playing getcha behind the couch, tickling each other, getting pushed in boxes, looking at books - it makes me so happy. 

Right now she loves shoes, cheese, Puppy ['Baba', who for the first time was nowhere to be found at bedtime. We have looked everywhere. I think he may be in the package I sent off to Seattle today :( ], emptying the dishwasher with me, Baby Signing Time [she's only even seen it like 5 times, but it is just so cute to watch her watch it: her little clasped hands, anticipation, pointing, smiling... aaaahh it's so cute], Brown Bear Brown Bear, babies, her sister, Tia [she shrieks and kicks her legs if she thinks we're going over there]... what else. She loves markers.  It's hard to keep those things away from the second child!!  She has words and/or signs for milk, apple, more, all-done, water, bird, fish, cheese, shoes, diaper [she'll tell me when she's gone poop - once right before she went! yes it's silly that I think that's pretty amazing], baby, book and of course Puppy, Vera, Daddy + Mama.  She seems less fearful of things than I remember Vera being - though she is scared of the doorbell which is kind of funny - really the only thing that freaks her out. She cries in fear and scrambles for me to hold her, little sweetie.

Anyway I really should be getting to bed.  I have a feeling I may be up several times when she realizes again that Puppy isn't with her :(  On a sweet note - Vera gets extremely concerned and even teary for poor Puppy and how sad Edie must be.

This is the usual "I'm ready for bed" position. Puppy against her cheek, left thumb in her mouth.


That's me under the covers getting a morning hug:


Looking at the fun wallpaper at the Rose Establishment. Yummy coffee and treats, beautiful space if you haven't been there yet:

bundled up and ready to go caroling with our church:


playing with playdough for the first time: 

No comments: