12.05.2011

*molly mouse

Vera and I went to see a ballet on Saturday and had such a great time.  I'm so glad some friends invited us - I am so bad at finding out about these things on my own.  The production was called Molly Mouse and it's like the Nutcracker for a younger audience: a really great introduction to it with all the same wonderful music.  It was so well-done, I thought it must be some sort of franchise or something, but met the lady who wrote it and produced it all right here.  If you are in this area, look into going next year!

All dressed up:


We went to brunch first at the Grand America Hotel - our little friend calls it *The Palace*, and so we did too.  Sooo fancy.  They are still 3-4 year olds of course and got a little too silly at times.  Us moms were busy enjoying the de-licious buffet.



After the performance we happened to walk out of the theater next to the director. She spontaneously invited the girls backstage - it was so neat!!  Vera was awestruck.  I was never a performer - in just one play when I was little [I was a mexican jumping bean]. I remember though a few times getting to be backstage and it is so magical.  I just loved watching the look on Vera's face as we saw the dancers and the costumes, the big heavy curtains... One of my absolute most favorite things about having kids is watching them experience something new, watching the joy or curiosity or amusement in their faces.  Anyway what a kind lady to invite us back like that!


the girls who played Molly Mouse - they were so sweet and happy to pose: 


two cuties:




3 comments:

Ryan. Beth. Pierce. Paige. Ollie. said...

so cute!!!

auntie j said...

oh my goodness, that sounds like such an awesome time. you describe "backstage" so well. i can still remember the flutters :) oh - and mexican jumping bean! //big smile//

Anonymous said...

awww, how special. reminds me of the great memories with the bardwells :)