12.20.2011

*FOUND

So my sister-in-law sent an email today saying that the package [that I hoped contained Puppy] had arrived in Seattle and Puppy was not there.  The stomach ache that began when I saw her message in the inbox went even deeper. I can't express how sad it has been these last few days not knowing where Puppy was.  She would randomly ask "Bapa?" during the day and I would just reply "bye-bye" and divert her attention - we even started the code name Doug around her so she wouldn't hear us and start thinking about him.  I tried to get her to think Vera's old Monkey was what she wanted - she did start to fall for it which made me feel badly for some reason.  She had a hard time going to sleep and staying asleep - I'd hear her calling for "Bapa" in the middle of the night - so so very sad.

So anyway, I went downstairs to tell Ben the email, and to have him go in and rock Edie who was having a hard time going to sleep - and I told him to just pray.  He went in and I looked through his recycling box praying fervently.  I looked in a box on an ottoman under his table that I'd already checked and then behind it. and there was Puppy's little head poking out!!!!!  I couldn't believe it!!  THANKYOUJESUS!!!  I ran in and gave him to Edie and rocked her a bit telling her Puppy is back! Hi Puppy!!  Poor thing looked a little confused but started sucking her thumb immediately as tears streamed down my face.  Ben went to tell Vera who also teared up.  Seriously this little family loves their lovies :)

You should hear some of Ben's family lost-lovey stories!






3 comments:

Salway said...

wow. Now that is a Christmas miracle! I understand the lovey attachment and I am so glad you found him. Merry Christmas!

Ryan. Beth. Pierce. Paige. Ollie. said...

Hooray!!

auntie j said...

YAY!!!!!!!

(Doug -- ahahaha. we can laugh now. That is too cute. )