12.01.2011

*dia de gracias

We had a really really wonderful Thanksgiving here at home. Ben's brother and my sister came and we had such a great time with them. I'll add more pictures later, but here's some from the dinner.

Whew - the preparation! This was my first Thanksgiving dinner that I was in charge of. It was a little mind boggling to map out how to get everything done on time, but really I had so much help that it wasn't a big deal. I bought a special edition of Gourmet magazine with their all-time best recipes and I made everything from that. The appetizer - goat cheese with warm lemon zested olive oil and olives was amaaazing, the gravy was AMAZING, the stuffing tasted great but was slightly dry. The turkey would have been perfect but of course I messed that one up - I checked the temp near the end and then when we took it out to rest I forgot to check again - oops!  Ben carved it up and then we realized it was undercooked, so they put it all back in the oven. Everything would have been perfectly on time - oh well :) Matty also made the spicy candied nuts that we all loved so much last year as well as boiled chestnuts. We had more than enough wine - good wine, which was a super treat [especially the Ridge Zinfandel - mmm].  I am so thankful for all my family: this little family here, my own parents and siblings and my extended family. I feel so blessed to love and enjoy them all.


big little helper


little did we know it wasn't done yet...


matty and his camera - he has the magic touch! and a killer camera that I am coveting : )



oh the pie....

No comments: