2.26.2013

*dorm living

I finally have pictures of our apartment.  It's working fine for now... to be honest we don't know what our next move will be.  I'm thankful for an affordable place to live while we decide what and where we can afford, what kind of job I find, etc.  There are positives and negatives to living here of course. It's nearly impossible to be alone and I miss having outside space.  I also feel a little constricted in the kitchen as it's tiny and I didn't bring many of my favorite gadgets [cuisinart, crockpot, pizza stone...]  On the other hand, it is nice that internet/tv and all utilities except electricity are set up and paid for.  We are living very simply for the time-being and that is something I've always aspired to.  The girls think it's fun to have an elevator and a mailbox with a key.

Girls' room. I just got a cute duvet cover for Edie but have to fix it a bit before I put it on. Their dresser and the one little kitchen hutch from UT is to the left. 


I made this floor pillow with my old feather bed and some echino fabric I got with Christmas money. I'm hoping they embrace their new reading nook!  I *kind of* forced this shot, though she did stay there at least 10 minutes : )



I made our nasty, dark, cramped, dated, fluorescent-lighted kitchen look a little nicer via instagram:


Valentine paper chains and our pretty air plant:


bedroom/living room looking towards kitchen.  That's Eloise's cage in Ben's closet:


my anthropologie towels make the bathroom a lot happier :)


living room/bedroom/tv room


I'm really thankful for this little cupboard space.  Actually our closets are pretty big - more storage than our bedrooms in Salt Lake for sure!


our art wall, started by Edie:




1 comment:

Jenny said...

Yay! So happy for updates! I know small/larger spaces have their ups and downs and I am very thankful for the ups of living in a larger space- but lately it has been driving me CARAZY that I can't seem to keep it all clean at the same time....EVER!! Part of that is probably nesting kicking in, but man-o a little apartment sounds lovely in that regard:) Proud of you guys for making it work with a great attitude....as you know, I've always admired the way you live out simplicity!