2.04.2013

*walking to school

One thing that is really important to me is to be able to walk our kids to school.  The idea of driving every day just goes against my grain.  We did drive the first day because it was raining pretty hard, but the next day I committed to walking no matter how cold. And this morning was cold!!  Not really that much colder than Carson or Utah, but it feels frigid and the wind is icy.  I feel like I'm still thawing.  Anyway, it's only a 10 minute walk.    

 I took a few pictures this morning to show where we live.  The school is right on this marshy area, which I hear is really pretty in Spring and Summer. The classes take little field trips to see birds and collect shells.  This is walking just past the school:


The streets in our neighborhood are small and tree lined with sweet little houses like these.  We most definitely will not be able to afford a house here :(



This is the pond we walk right by:


and this is poor little Edie whose nose was froze:


3 comments:

auntie j said...

wow - what a charming neighborhood! you get to walk by a pond! so east coast :) i'm jeal!

Jenny said...

Fun walk! Proud of you for sticking with it, even with the coooold!:)

Melissa Abby said...

I miss cute New England neighborhoods!! Hope you are surviving the snowstorm!!