2.08.2008

*la siesta

It's been a rough day so far - we have attempted a nap 5 times and only yielded about 32 minutes of actual sleep. I never ever thought that making a baby take a nap would be this difficult!! I asked my sister-in-law once how she put her babies down. She said, "Oh they just rubbed their little eyes or pulled on their ears and I laid them down in the crib." Please, LORD, let me have one of those babies next time!! Vera screamed her little head off every time I attempted to rock her to sleep today. [I think she had a tummy ache, pobrecita]

There's always a couple days each month where I think we've made it, that she's finally figured out that it's easier to just sleep. "Oh naps? We have that down." I took the following photos the other day after she had been taking hour-long naps consistently. I was so excited, happy and rejuvenated [and so was she]. I should have known...

[she has managed to stay asleep as I downloaded these photos and wrote these paragraphs - yay small miracles]

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh my, these pictures are SO cute. I LOVE the time right after a nap--the babes are so happy. Ah yes, sleep is such a process and so individual for each baby. There will be a day though when we will be struggling to make them get out of bed! Hard to believe isn't it? Well, if you want to come over and be sleep deprived with us today, give me a call:) Love ya, Jen

Sheila said...

I love these pictures!!! What a lovely lady! I know not when she is not sleeping but thanks for the memories of days long gone by for us!!! Hang in there this is but a small chapter!! It will go really fast!!

sarah said...

I never thought anything could ever be as cute as our little josie, and even though she got off to a crusty start, Vera is kicking josie's fluffy little butt in the cute department. I love that little girl so stinkin' much.

Jeremy, Julie, Eva and Kate said...

These pics are adorable. what a happy baby:) I am sure tomorrow that naps will be a piece of cake! And if not...maybe you should just eat some cake and hold your adorable little girl;)

Emily said...

So cute!!! I can finally see a glimmer of Ben in her sleepy face. As for the sleeping, just hold on...

Melissa Abby said...

she is precious! those pictures are adorable!