2.28.2008

I ♥ NPR

Tonight on the way to the grocery store I heard about a witty, interesting new musical opening in New York [please let me go there someday] called Passing Strange. The other night I listened to a journalist for some big newspaper talking about how he and his journalist buddy had a contest to see who could get the phrase, "raises new and troubling concerns" into print the most times. I love those little bits of culture and comedy that I would never come across otherwise. I love Saturday mornings with Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me and This American Life [I love his easy non-radio voice!]. I love how I can finish their names for them: "I'm Robert Siegel ... and I'm Michelle Norris." I loved the story board [I think that's what it's called?] that I'd hear on my way to work last year. It would always be ending just as I got to school and I'd be fighting to keep the tears from spilling over.

Anyway, just a little something that makes me happy.

1 comment:

Jeremy, Julie, Eva and Kate said...

I LOVE story board, Splendid Pallet on Sundays and Click and Clack on Saturday mornings:) I also love NPR.