2.08.2008

*little whistler

We like to think of Vera as a scrappy little ragamuffin. [Ben can't wait for the day when she stomps her feet and tells me NO! - like he imagines I must have done.] I think this video captures her little personality. It may be boring to some [most probably], but I love watching it. After dinner she's been so funny and energetic. A little intense too - see how she tries to grab my hand to make those middle-school type fart noises*. Anyway, also notable about this video: about 50 seconds into it she whistled. I couldn't believe it, but it's something she's incorporated into her daily repertoire.

*What do you call that? I had a 7th grader do that right in the middle of a classmate's presentation last year. I was SO MAD. I sent him right down to the principal's office. I think [hope] I scared him.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! She is sooo funny when she gets in that crazy mood. I heard that whistle too:) I also love getting to see snippets of your house because it is so completely cute. Cute isn't the right word--cool? Anywho, it has been too long since we have visited there...once we have the car again we will for sure. Have a great Saturday! Jen

Jeremy, Julie, Eva and Kate said...

so great to see her in action. i think she tried to say mama when blowing on your arm:)

Mackenzie said...

Of course you can read our blog!! As much as you want! Its much more rewarding to have a blog when you know that people are actually reading it and getting something out of it. And I'm excited to discover your blog as well! Jim and I just watched this video of vera ---- and we both decided that she is SUPER adorable!! We weren't bored at all. ;)

I don't think the blog was the SouleMama one you were mentioning but it was something like that...actually, i think it was called My Happily Ever After. Anywho, I'm glad you can relate. Sometimes I'm afraid that I am too (brutally) honest in my "venting" blogs. I try to censor as much as I can but there's something freeing and refreshing about spewing all of your fears and frustrations out into cyberspace.

I should get your email...this is a long comment. Tell Ben and your cutie little Vera we say 'hi'!

Blessings.

ps-i like your use of punctuation too :)

Anonymous said...

oh, I miss her, dang it! :{