3.14.2008

*mangia

My first attempt at feeding Vera homemade food. Like her friend, Sam, she wasn't very interested. Most of butternut squash/pear mixture you see on her face was my attempt at sneaking little bites in when she happened to open her little mouth. I took a video too. After the first look of disgust, she kept her mouth tightly closed, little stinker. She was much happier when I gave up and handed over the spoon. What is it about store-bought food? My mom used to make the most delicious homemade mac+cheese, yet all I wanted was the boxed Kraft [I have since realized the superiority of the former]. Just you wait, Vera, you will like what I make! and that's final!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Yes, try and try again! It's all about the texture I think. Come over and we'll make some together and the babes can have a feast of prunes and sweet potatoes--yum,yum! love, jen

Em and Jud said...

Keep trying! These are wonderful photos! I can't wait to see you and to meet Vera in just a few short weeks.

xoxo