3.05.2008

*pet peeve

I have a friend whose pet peeve is pet peeves :) Isn't that right, ____?

Anyway my new pet peeve [if I may use the phrase] is packaging!!! I may sound like I want to be all cool and "green", but really, don't these companies get it?? I looked in our kitchen trash and it was filled with non-recylceable soup boxes, milk cartons, and all sorts of little useless plastic scraps. To quote my friend Jenny's husband, "Do you hate the Earth?" I loved The Good Food Store in Missoula - they had an enormous bulk section and a shelf full of sanitized yogurt tubs, jars and other containers that you could use to fill up with rice, parmesan, tofu, chopped almonds, slivered almonds, sliced almonds... I read in Real Simple the other day about a couple who only generates a half a trashbag of waste a week. Now I don't want something like this to consume our lives, but at the same time I'm going to make an effort to be creative [um - use the cloth diapers that I already have?], produce less waste and not hate the Earth :)

1 comment: