4.18.2008

*the trip: part 2

I was so glad that Vera and I were able to fly up to Seattle for Michelle's beautiful wedding! Julie and I were saying that I never know when I'll get up there, but it always seems to work out that I do. Michelle was always a favorite friend - ever since we shared a room with 3 others sophomore year [is this where I admit I was in a sorority??]. It was so great to see all the familiar friendly faces - I'm still bummed that I didn't get a chance to really talk to anyone for any length of time. I miss you girls! Anyway, Vera's bedtime is at 7:00 and that's when the wedding started. I have never ever seen her so tired as she was by 11:00 when we left. Poor little bugger, rubbing her eyes like crazy. A favorite moment [Erin, do you read this?] was when Nate asked how old "he" was. And I said Nate, she's wearing a dress. I'm never offended by those things, but it was just too funny how badly he felt and how every time I saw him the rest of the night he'd apologize and exclaim, "it's a blue dress!!"

***
Sitting in the baby-corner with our sippy cups, diaper bags and glasses of wine:
Viv, Janna, Erin + Laura [the dresses appear neon here, but were actually quite cute]:

Another favorite moment - when Jud said to Vera, "You're not in Montana anymore" (as in you're not in Kansas...) and I corrected him: "Utah, you're not in Utah anymore." I guess I have successfully avoided mentioning where we live. Now all you crazy internet stalkers know :)


.... and the beautiful bride:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your shirt :)

Em and Jud said...

It was so good to see you, and to meet sweet Vera!! Jud is so proud to have made your fun blog...and we send our love to you always, no matter where you live. :)

Jeremy, Julie, Eva and Kate said...

utah!?!?! We miss you:) Vera is the best baby and a big trooper to stay up so late.