4.23.2008

*the battle of the nap

Vera is finally taking decent naps! Immediately following this day, I decided that she needed to learn to nap on her own. It took a couple months of slow slow progress, but she now usually goes down without a whimper! Her first nap is 1/2 hour and the second at least 1 hour (the past few days almost 2!). I usually hear her shaking things about or talking to herself and then it goes silent. I always like to peek in on my sleeping babe and this is what I find:



*For all my new and soon-to-be mommy friends, I highly recommend the book Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child. Even if you don't use his techniques, it is very informative! The No-Cry Sleep Solution was really helpful too.

** Also, [in the manner of the Academy Awards] I'd like to thank Beth, Emily and Jenny for all their advice and support :)

*** Also, I fully realize that this may not last, and she may again decide that she won't take a nap. In the meantime, it's really nice.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is a girl on the go--even at nap time!!! So happy you are getting a bit of a break during the day--though I never did feel too bad for you(ahem, 12 hours at night). No ,I really did. Really, I did. Really. :) Love ya, Jen

Melissa Abby said...

What a cute napper! I have been reading a couple of those books you suggested, thanks!!!

Emily said...

Good for Vera, and good for you too! A little break in the day makes a world of difference. You're on the downhill slope now!