10.29.2008

*focus

I bought this cute little dish at a garage sale this weekend. I've been excitedly reading a couple Montessori books [I'll elaborate later] and admit I may be rushing things a little. I wanted to see though how long Vera could focus on the task: moving rice from one side to the other [for starters I should have used something a little bigger like dried pasta or beans... it got really messy really quickly]. She lasted what seemed like a long while - probably only a minute and a half - before dumping it all on the ground and working from there. It's just so much fun to see her learning and doing things purposefully that I'm a bit over-anxious and need to remember she's not even 1 1/2 :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know. It does kind of seem silly starting this early. BUT, how fun is it to see their little minutes of concentration grow and grow? If we are still all here in a year or so, we are definitely going to do montessori pre-school activities together! See you in the morning, Jen

Anonymous said...

i love her little sweater dress!

Ryan. Beth. Pierce. Paige. Ollie. said...

hey! we're totally into moving lima beans from bowl to bowl. well, maybe i should say, i'm into trying to get pierce to move the beans. :)