10.30.2008

*sicky sick sick

Poor Vera has been sick since we got home from Montana. Stuffy nose turned into hoarse throat turned into fever turned into everything going right through her [know what I mean?]. Yesterday was the worst - I've never seen her so miserable. Her poor little bottom :(


It has made her more snuggly which is sweet for us. Last night she didn't want to take her bath alone and so Ben got in with her [shorts on] and she laid on his chest while he poured warm water over her. I want to remember that picture. She also woke up around 11:00 last night with the 30th dirty diaper of the day. After I changed her I got to sit and hold her while she slept for a bit. I even had SouleMama's words going through my head - just sit and be still and enjoy the moment [a little sappy? maybe.] I want to remember it forever. Sweet little baby sleeping cozy in momma's arms... I can't believe I'm a mom - the one that comforts her little ones and holds them and changes the sheets three times in a day.





Here she is this morning. She laid on Ben's lap and watched PBS and Signing Time for an hour. I gave her water in a bottle and bananas and toast [thankfully she didn't throw a fit that it wasn't milk: pretty unbelievable]. She kept calling out "muh!" [more] and "banana!" [this sounds a lot like her word for banana]. It was pretty cute and reminded me of those days when you're little and stay in bed watching videos and hollering to your mom for more 7-up. She's been feeling better since then and is hopefully on the up.

3 comments:

Jeremy, Julie, Eva and Kate said...

feel better sweet baby girl!!

Em and Jud said...

I hope she's feeling better today, poor girl! And mom and dad, too.

Anonymous said...

Poor little Miss V. It was great to see her on the up and up today.