10.16.2009

*elefantecita



Ben's parents and I took Vera and Stella to the zoo. It was a perfectly beautiful day: cool, not-crowded and full of fall colors. It was no ordinary zoo trip because there was a brand new baby elephant - I seriously could have watched it all day, SO STINKIN CUTE. [I'm not normally a big zoo-lover, but the baby animals, the feeling of Fall + the girls' excitement made it a wonderfully fun time ] Other highlights were the train, seeing the baby giraffe and the papa tiger which was ominously close, huge and a bit scary.


2 comments:

Heather said...

I love the elefancita! I recently started loving the zoo too. We went to the LA Zoo this summer and I loooooved it. Saw some baby billy goats and an adolescent gorilla. The gorillas were actually pretty awesome. One was scared of some water and seriously had the most human looking facial expression/reaction. Sorry so long :)

momandpop said...

I'll never forget the tiger RO000AR!!! and the hiss of the cougar! wild