10.12.2009

*treinta

I had a lovely birthday last week, and to be honest mostly because I got so many calls and texts and emails and cards and gifts - and yes, even the facebook comments made my day :) It really did feel different turning 30, and I felt a little wistful sadness for my 20s which were pretty wonderful. I had my 20th birthday in Argentina, finished up college solidifying some of the best friendships I could imagine, was convinced to move to San Diego, lived with my bestest of friends in quite the ideal setting [as in we could hear the waves breaking from our apt.], met and married a truly amazing man, started our life together in the quaintest and coolest of towns [ie. missoula], moved to SLC [which we were VERY reluctant to like for some time] and started the most amazing part of our lives yet: raising little Vera.

I should come up with some life goals for this new decade I'm entering... off the top of my head I can say I want my faith and relationship with Christ to grow [um which I can't just sit back and watch happen], I want to have more kids, I want to run a marathon and I want to be a better mom and wife :)

This was the only documentation of my birthday. My Grandma warned me the first year when Vera was a baby that she would thereafter take over our birthdays and here it is:



*I ran out of time to make a cake, but I knew V would want to sing and help with the candles.*

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Yay! I'm glad you had a good 30th and I'm glad you guys got over your reluctance to like SLC--we are so glad you're here:) The babes are getting better!! Also, I cut out naps so that they will go to bed before 10pm! Kinda crazy, but it is working okay. See ya soon, Jen

momandpop said...

We toast you, Anne! Happy Birthday! Thirty or whatever, you could easily pass for 21!! Truly, truly.

We love you,
Mike and Rosie

sarah said...

I shutter to think that this was my 30th mere months earlier :)

http://www.kodakgallery.com/gallery/creativeapps/slideShow/Main.jsp?albumId=391838531805&ownerId=17789465905

Wish you were there.

Tammy said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

Sooooo... you wanna run a marathon? Hmmm, I just happen to coach people for marathons with Team in Training (www.teamintraining.org). If you are interested in the Ogden Marathon (May 2) or Vancouver Marathon (May 17), let me know... or you could plan ahead and do Nike Women's Marathon with us next October - it's the BEST!