4.05.2010

*la Pascua

We had a great day yesterday despite waking up to snow.  It stayed pretty cold all day, so I stuck inside after church and the quick afternoon egg hunt in the backyard.  We did the first hunt inside.  Next year I will plan better and eat breakfast before she opens 20 treat-filled eggs.

Indoor egg hunt.  She would be really bad in a race - she sat down to slowly open and eat her treat after each find.  I used Annie's bunny snacks which were hopefully a little healthier than jelly beans?  Plus one large chocolate bunny that was eaten in about 30 seconds.

have you ever had panqueques con dulce de leche???

yummyyy

she had fun spreading it on the crepe but then would only eat it off the knife

more sugar.... 

family photo - only real shot of her Easter outfit I got.  She looked so sweet!!

and dinner: Jamie Oliver's Asparagus Lemon Mint Risotto.  I added a lot less lemon than the recipe said and it was sooooo good!!!  Also I love my fancy china and silver :) 

5 comments:

Em and Jud said...

What a beautiful family shot! I love Vera's Easter dress and your breakfast looked delish!

Anonymous said...

gosh. i'm struck all over again at how grown up vera looks. such the little girl now! :)

momandpop said...

As the music swelled in the sanctuary and we all began to sing "Christ the Lord is Risen Today" I said, I'm going to have to send the lyrics to the kids! We were all thinking alike. I especially like the second verse:

Love's redeeming work is done
Fought the fight the battle won
Death in vain forbids him rise
Christ has opened Paradise.

Erin Dahlgren said...

Vera's dress is adorable! And, look at you, too, Mom! What a cute family!

sarah said...

annie, I like YOUR easter outfit too.