4.13.2010

*princesas y coronas


We've long been in the habit of letting Vera sleep with us if she wakes in the middle of the night.  Since she's been in her toddler bed, she often wakes up to go to the bathroom and 50% of the time we can take her back to her room, sing a couple songs and she'll go back to sleep.  But often she calls out again after 15 minutes - the other parent goes in and repeats the songs etc. and leaves.  Then if she calls out again we just give in and let her sleep with us.  As much as I love seeing her sweet face sleeping next to me, I really want her to be able to fall back asleep on her own in her own bed.  So I made a little sticker chart where she gets to put a crown on a princess every morning she wakes up in her own bed.  I don't know if it was coincidence, but we never even had the chance to talk about it in the middle of the night - she's slept all the way through without even going to the bathroom for 7 nights!  This next one I'll draw the princesses smaller so I can fit more on the page :)

8 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh my gosh--that is so creative and cute Anne!! That girl loves her princesses:) :)

jfoster said...

I am looking forward to being able to reason more with Jilly. Great idea! Good job! Hope you are doing well!

Em and Jud said...

Oh, good use of the sticker chart! Prettiest one I've ever seen -- and once again I will refer back to your post/ideas somewhere in the future. :)

Ryan. Beth. Pierce. Paige. Ollie. said...

can you please sell some of these on etsy???? I know about a million mommies who'd love to get them for their princess loving little girls. Maybe laminate them?

Jeremy, Julie, Eva and Kate said...

Etsy for sure!! How CUTE:)

momandpop said...

She must get a thrill everytime she looks at this, or thinks about it as she's lying on her bed. Standing there and looking at her princesses -- what pleasure.

Anonymous said...

totally cute. you one artistic mama.

Heather said...

Wow! I'm impressed by your artistic skills. You've still got 'em.