4.07.2010

*tortillas frescas


A week or two ago I realized we didn't have the tortillas we needed for dinner.  I really hate going to the store lately - and especially for just one thing.  So... I decided to make them!  I knew it was supposed to be really easy and I am trying, like I've said before, to get past my procrastinating and laziness and just do things.  I found a real easy recipe here on epicurious and it took no time at all.  Then this last week I doubled the recipe and kept the dough in the fridge, every day rolling out a couple for lunch.  They were so yummy!  It's frustrating how every commercial tortilla has so many preservatives and non-identifiable ingredients [except for Whole Foods' not-so-cheap-and-not-that-tasty ones], so I will be really happy if I can make this a habit.  Only thing is I should probably add in some whole wheat flour ... and have enough discipline to not eat 3 quesadillas in one sitting.

Bun [that's what I call her, Mom, Bun] is a real good helper too.

Mom, you want me to poke holes in yours?  no thanks, sweetie.


4 comments:

momandpop said...

Touches my heart. You friends have so much fun. LOVE what Voovie said about the holes. And Bunny's nickname.

Ryan. Beth. Pierce. Paige. Ollie. said...

So cute!

Melissa Abby said...

Those look so good and easy! Vera is the cutest little helper!

Jenny said...

Bun--that cracks me up!! Mmmmmm, homemade tortillas. Mmmmmmmmmmm.