9.04.2010

*3+

This 3 year old...


::is still telling everyone she "already had her birthday" and that she's THree. Yes, starting to say her "th"s right :( If she sees something she wants me to buy she'll say we should get it for her other birthday.


::spends most of her time dancing, singing to herself [has a new one she made up about "you're breaking my hea-ar-ar-ar-art"], dressing up, putting animals and babies to bed, cooking in her kitchen, wanting me to read her stories and play doctor or "let's pretend I'm the Mama and you're the Little Girl" [this one can go on forever].


::favorite books are Pinkalicious, Skippy Jon Jones, Hiawatha, Dogger, Little Pea, Dr. Seuss, Fancy Nancy, Cars and Trucks and Things that Go, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, Where the Wild Things Are...


::is having a hard time going to bed and wakes up 3-4 times between midnight and morning. I'm trying to get back on a schedule and not let her nap - I think it will clear up the problem. The last two nights have been successful!


::is a difficult little eater. Unless it's a dessert, yogurt, pancakes, certain pasta dishes or eggs I have to either "count to 3" for every bite or feed it to her myself. She'll try at least a bite of most things and seems to like to show off/please Tia or another friend, showing her that she "looooves squash/cucumbers, etc." even though she does not.


::loves tasks. Her Sunday school teachers say she is really focused and I know she would love to go to a Montessori school. She's starting a creative arts preschool though in 2 weeks which I know she'll love as well :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one whose three year old refuses to eat, unless it's laden with sugar.