9.08.2010

*mamacita


This has been on my long list of things to do/make before the baby comes. As usual it took me a couple weeks to get the fabric, an afternoon to look up the pattern and then it sat in the living room for a few days waiting for "enough time" or for me to "feel like it" - which never happens. But yesterday Vera saw the fabric and said, let's make a sling! (I'd been telling her I would)

So in literally no time at all I had made this cute little pouch sling for her! Seriously it amazes me every time how much you can get done if you just decide to do it right then and there.

She mostly holds Bunny, but Baby even got a little ride too. You can't tell in the picture, but the outside is cute peach+pink flowers and the inside is light blue pinstripes, all with orange stitching. Both fabrics were sheets from the thrift store - I love making things from thrifted sheets because there's a lot less pressure to not mess up!

I can't wait 'till Baby comes and we can both wear our slings to the Farmer's Market - so hip.

3 comments:

Mike said...

Oh Anne, that's the best. What a great idea for togetherness and empathy. Very special n very hip indeed.

Lola

JJ said...

I love it! Do you think Levi would wear one?!

Jenny said...

Love it! Such a great idea. Amelia always talks about how she is going to wear our baby in a sling when he comes home. Of course, by the time he gets here she might be big enough to:)
Oh, I got Vera a book by Mister Rogers about "the new baby"...I hope it's good! See you tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!