9.16.2010

*escuela


Vera is sooo excited to be a big kid in preschool!! She's been talking about it for at least a year, every time a school bus passes the house. I didn't think we'd actually send her to one because it costs money [which we don't have] and because it's easy enough to teach your child things at home. But we came across an opportunity at a creative arts preschool here where I volunteer for half the time for half the cost. We of course have yet to see how it works with the baby, but I think it'll be fine. This first week I don't have to help though and I'm glad as it gives her a chance to just establish herself. She has always told me someday she's going to school BY HERSELF and that I CANT COME. It's so fun and cute to see her excitement and to afterwards hear about her day :) It's also so amazing to have some time to myself!!! Tuesday I went for a long walk with my friend... and then was almost too tired to do anything else except tidy up the house. Today I plan to can some tomatoes, freeze some raspberries and green beans and clean the toilets. and then lay down and rest for a bit. WoohoO!!

[Jenny has some cute pictures of what they do at school]

3 comments:

Erin Dahlgren said...

How fun that she's going to school! Looks like she is loving it - and what a nice little break for you, too! Hope you're feeling well :)

Mike said...

Such a special special day, a special special memory. I remember feeling just a liittle bittersweet, too.

Lola

Anonymous said...

Such a big girl!