10.20.2010

*

I'm really happy and grateful that Vera is so good with the baby, loving her so much and being so helpful with caring for her. However, she has been 'acting out' whatever emotional stresses she has in other ways including some enormous tantrums and a lot of difficulty going to bed. Today I got us all finally dressed and ready to go to the park [it was noon] but Vera threw a huge fit because I wanted us to take the blue stroller [as opposed pink one of course - I hate pink now by the way] which would be easier for me to push while holding the baby. I mean this was a HUGE fit resulting in no visit to the park. [btw it's not because I wouldn't budge on pink, it's because she cannot win a 'battle' that starts with her screaming and throwing herself on the ground, limbs flailing.]

So anyway we had an incredibly lovely and sweet night that was so welcome and needed. It started out with Vera deciding to make Edie a birthday card all on her own. I think even Ben teared up a little at her final product.

She asked me the letters and did it all by herself! Right to left.


and inside, "me and Edie! That's my crown."


Then she decided she wanted to have a cozy tea party in front of the fire, which I was later invited to. We would take a sip of tea and then give each other a big hug and kiss. It was very sweet and I kept blinking back tears, I love this little girl so much.


Then I was treated to a dance show set to Elizabeth Mitchell's music. Meanwhile Edie slept peacefully. Thank you Lord - strength for tomorrow.

3 comments:

JJ said...

Doesn't it seem like they know exactly how far they can push us? And just when we think we can't take anymore they turn around and remind us why we do it all in the first place. Sounds like you got just what you needed!

Mike said...

So much wonderful.

Em and Jud said...

What sweet and tender moments for you all! Thank you for sharing!