10.13.2010

*Eden Violet Siu-Lan Cater

Born 2:14 am - Monday, October 11, 2010
Violet is Ben's grandmother's name and Siu-Lan is his sister's middle name - it means beautiful flower.
 

We got home today and at the moment everything is peaceful!  She's sleeping in her bassinet and Vera is having quiet time.  I'll write more later, but here's a couple pictures from just now before *the girls* went down.  Vera is already so helpful, fetching me my phone and water and shushing the baby when she cries.  She also made us some cookies and taught Edie a bunch of signs, "sewed" her a little shirt out of a string and sang us songs while she nursed.  I'm resting now on the bed [should be sleeping rather than computing...] and am so grateful for everything.  Much more later!  ♥

She keeps saying, "I'm so glad my baby is here" and "I'm so glad I'm a big sister!" and "I love my baby!"




Vera's also our little photographer...

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations Ben and Anne! She is precious.

Em and Jud said...

Congratulations, Caters! Edie is so amazing and we are so happy for you guys. Thanks for posting some photos and little stories. What a great big sister Vera is already! xo

Jenny said...

Yay! I've been thinking of you guys all day. I asked the kids what they think V has been doing with Edie and they said they thought she was "being very kind to her." Sounds like they are right:) Also, Sam said he would teach the baby how to go on monkey bars, play with his cars (though she can't eat them), and ride a bike. She's going to be a busy baby! Love you guys and can't wait to hold that sweet girl again, Jen

Esther said...

Congratulations! She's gorgeous.

Jeremy, Julie, Eva and Kate said...

Congratulations!! Beautiful, baby, mama and big sister:) So happy all is peaceful. I LOVE her name. It will be so fun to see our 2nd two grow together.

Unknown said...

Yay, she's finally here, so happy for you guys. Congratulations!

Mackenzie said...

Congratulations to you, Ben & Vera!! Eden is beautiful...

Sara said...

CONGRATS to you all! I love your blog. You do such a good job Miss Anne! And, love love love the pics and stories about your two little girls. I hope to meet them ... someday! :) Thinking about you all! Lots of Love, The Richins Crew