12.10.2010

*2 meses


Edie will be 2 months tomorrow! I'm going to write things down so that next time I'll remember how hard it still is :) I seem to have forgotten anything about Vera's sleep habits, etc. at this age. I think I remember it a lot better than it might have been... same thing happens when I ask my siblings things, like how they had the 2 share a room or something. They always seem to remember it not being a problem. ANyway. This is all kind of boring. I really do want to just write it down so I remember next time.

First the difficult parts:
So the last week she has developed some colicky behavior around Vera's bedtime, usually lasting until about 10 when she falls asleep from exhaustion - usually in my arms, me asleep from exhaustion too [ben was out of town :(]. It's really frustrating because I feel like I must be doing something wrong, or at least missing the right opportunity for bedtime. Miraculously she's asleep right now - in the swing, which she's only ever done once. I'm typing fast to beat her waking up :) She's also not napping in her bed hardly at all. She looks sleepy, I swaddle her up, falls asleep, laid in crib, awake in ten minutes. A couple times I've been able to get her back to sleep re-inserting the binky or even sitting under the bassinette rocking it. It's hard with another child to be very consistent about it all! Also, she's pretty fussy during the day especially after eating, always seeming to have a tummy-ache :( Our pediatrician suggested we try probiotics, I'll report back if it works...

Not really difficult, but different than Vera.. she seems to be sleeping or trying to sleep all day long. I remember Vera being a lot more aware and alert at this point - maybe I'm wrong. Maybe it's just that Edie is always sleepy!

Positives:
She's nursing! It's still not 100% pain-free, but it's nowhere near as bad as it was. I pumped exclusively for about 2 weeks and then again on one side for a little longer to heal everything up. She does seem a little affected by all the bottle-feeding and isn't very efficient at nursing - some frustrations to work out :)
She has the cutest little smile that contorts her whole face, makes her kick her legs and really just makes my day. I only get to see it a few times a day and it's like a little gift every time.
She sleeps a great stretch the beginning of the night (once finally asleep), usually waking around 1-3 and 5-6, then we sleep 'till 8. The first feeding I can just re-swaddle her and lay her in the bassinette without any rocking back to sleep - it's amazing! and strange how she won't do it that way any other time of day/night.
She weighed 11 lbs. 4 oz. today which means she's growing! Our office never gives the percentiles and I forget to ask.

In the middle of writing this she woke up in the swing, fell back asleep in my arms and I've put her down in her bed... so far still asleep, thank you LORD for small miracles.

2 comments:

Melissa Abby said...

I am so the same way, I don't remember a thing about what I did with Grant! And Cale just seems so different from him. Cale takes at least 1 if not 2 of his naps a day in the swing, even still at 6 months! Hey, it works and he sleeps ok in his crib at night so I'm not too worried...yet :) Glad nursing is better!!

JJ said...

My friend has this nest type thing that sits in the bassinet/crib and it kind of cuddles them while they sleep so they aren't lying flat. It looks awesome I'll have to ask what it is. Not sure if Edie might be too old for it, though?..