12.24.2010

*ella dice

*
Ben was paraphrasing Vera's bedtime story the other night - when Ariel misses the concert and says "my father's gonna kill me!" - changing it to "my dad is going to be so mad!" She corrected him. After he paraphrased yet another sentence, she sat up in bed and put out her hands in exasperation: "THIS IS NOT WORKING!"

*
Me: Vera, did you toot?
Vera: ummm nevermind.
Me: What do you mean 'nevermind'?
Vera: I just said nevermind.

*
Earlier today Ben and I were trying to talk and she wanted me to read her a story and shoved it in front of my face.
Me: Vera, is that ok to do that, is that good manners?
Vera: MOM I need to tell you something!!!
Me: No, Vera, you answer my question. Is it ok to interrupt like that?
Vera [cutting me off]: NO MOM I have to tell you something!!!
Me: No, Ver---
Vera: MOM I have a lot of yawns!! [yawns]
Me: VERA answer the question!
Vera: [yawn] I have a lot of yawns!! [yawn]

No comments: