12.18.2010

*


Vera, Edie and I have been here in Nevada for a week now. We flew out early since Ben was in New York doing research - he met us here Tuesday. The flight almost went perfectly. However I somehow forgot an extra outfit for Edie, who hadn't pooped in 2 days. I tried to clean her up as best I could, putting a paper napkin on her back so she wouldn't feel the wetness... she started that crazy newborn baby cry while Vera kept handing me pictures she'd colored - HERE, MOM!! It was a little chaotic :) I finally just stripped her down to a diaper and wrapped a blanket around her and she quieted down - whew.

Anyway, it's been pretty quiet here waiting for Christmas and the cousins to come. We've hung out with some friends, made cookies, wrapped presents, made cards, watched movies... I can't wait for the cousins to come - Vera has been really difficult: whiney, cranky, clingy, dare-I-say-it b-r-a-t-t-y.


Edie just watches. And takes naps - yay! And wakes up every 2 hours at night after being rocked for hours to sleep... [except last night - she only got up once at 1!! praying for a repeat]




No comments: