12.10.2010

*feliz navidad



So I'm not sending out a Christmas card this year. It makes me sad, because I always really love to do it! I love picking a picture, choosing just the right song or verse, writing it all out, etc. I usually do a lot of it myself, painting in the colors, etc. It's way cheaper that way, but I also love the process. It's really enjoyable for me - always some mate and a quiet house and my little watercolor assembly line. I love to see them all stacked neatly, ready to go. Sometimes I even take pictures of the finished products all lined up [hehe, certain friend of mine].


This year though, I just can't do it! I made baby announcements and that took [is taking] any creativity and any free time I may have. Cards seem obsolete now with email, blogs, facebook, texting, etc., but I still love to send them and love to receive them. I will definitely do a grand Cater Christmas card next year!

The above picture is the one we'd probably have used. Or maybe this one:

But definitely not this one. Oh, Ben:

4 comments:

Melissa Abby said...

Such a beautiful family! Pretty sure I have some pictures from college with Ben making that exact same face!

Ryan. Beth. Pierce. Paige. Ollie. said...

could do a valentine's card like a certain sister of yours. :)
merry christmas!!!

JJ said...

Funny, I was just thinking about this thanks to this post:
http://www.ohdeedoh.com/ohdeedoh/parenting/do-you-send-out-holiday-cards-134221
I think you should do what works for your family. It seems like there are too many rules about Christmas cards. We are sending them out only because I love to send them and I love receiving them but not sending any sounds really nice also! Enjoy your sweet little girls instead. =)

Mike said...

Wonderful pictures. See Edie in the last one: deadpanning, "That's my Dado."