1.05.2012

*disney - la segunda vez

I have so many things to share about our trip, I really don't even know where to start!!  I guess I'll go with Disneyland because I don't have very many pictures to choose from.  We went the Thursday after Christmas and I was really surprised that Vera didn't ask about it before then - especially because she talks about it ALL the time at home!  Anyway, it was really an amazingly fun day with Rosie, Jessie, Ben B., Ben and the girls and I.  I almost didn't even care it was packed with people, it's just such a happy place to be.  Even standing in line isn't so bad if you have good company to talk with :)

On our way to first stop [after eating the best corn dogs you've ever had]: Peter Pan!  Vera really remembered so many things from last February - like that this was our first ride, what she wore, the teacups, the Small World song, going through the whale's mouth on that one ride..


On the Casey Jr. train. I love this picture because it was right when the train jolted to a start and Edie's teeny tiny smile is so precious to me.



toon town:

You might not know that Vera LOVES Goofy and Mickey and Donald Duck - she and Ben love watching classic Disney cartoons on youtube.  Anyway, so we were standing here in Toon Town and all of a sudden Goofy showed up right next to us. A mob of kids and parents immediately formed and it turned into a line to take pictures with him.  It was like an assembly line, super fast to get your second for the picture.  Vera though really wanted to "tell Goofy something" and after another kid was whisked into the picture spot her lip started to tremble and I could tell she was going to start crying [not in a tantrum kind of way, in the genuine sad way].  Rosie slyly inserted Vera back into the very front of the line and Vera shared with him that, "my Dad can talk like Goofy!!"  He made a big "WOW!" gesture with his hands and she was content.  One of my favorite moments.



Other favorites were Thunder Mountain - we told Vera it was a roller coaster, but didn't elaborate so that she wouldn't get too anxious.  I'd forgotten how fast it was!!  A few times during the ride she'd say my stomach hurts it hurts I want it to be ooooverrr!!  Afterward though she was able to laugh it off and I could tell she was really proud of herself.  Hopefully Uncle Ben can send a snapshot from the awesome video he took... :)  Pirates of the Caribbean was super fun, especially now that Vera is so into pirates.  She also got to meet Aurora this time which was very exciting, though I am pleased to say that her interest in princesses has waned a bit - whew.  Rapunzel did walk by us at one point and Vera looked starstruck and said quietly as she passed, "Hi Rapunzel."  Rapunzel sweetly waved and said hi back, it was pretty cute.  What else... we did the Jungle Cruise which I'd totally forgot about!  It was fun in that cheesy old Disney way.  Edie liked it.  The people watching was awesome too, of course.  It was really fun just experiencing it together with family and watching the girls' excitement.  Fun fun memories!!

No comments: