1.06.2012

*navidad

We had a very memorable Christmas this year at Ben's parents!  The days were filled with activities: a hike above El Moro, tidepools at Shaw's Cove, shopping in Venice Beach [walked out of a store as Tim Robbins walked in!], Disneyland, San Diego [among the highlights were my turkey cobb sandwich at Con Pane], the Mission at San Juan Capistrano and visits with friends.  It was pretty busy and I did feel badly for Edie who only napped in her bed twice the whole time.  She was a little trooper though and is on her way to sleep recovery now :)  It was really neat to get out and really do and see some things I hadn't before - and with such good company.  

We ate extremely well as always - I especially loved my poké bowl at Tommy's, the take-out Indian for Christmas Eve, the smoked salmon spread on Christmas morning, the gorgeous roast and fixings Christmas night, and then a veritable feast of Chinese and Filipino food that we had on January 1st to celebrate Ben's grandmother's 100th birthday [she was in Hawaii].  I wish I had pictures of it - artwork I tell you!

There was plenty of downtime at the house too. It was so special to see the girls really feel at home with everyone!  There is nothing, nothing, like seeing your kids connect with your families.  I didn't take a whole lot of pictures, but am hoping for the rest of the family to share theirs... :)




peeking into her stocking while waiting for everyone to wake up:



 I always look forward to how Matty is going to wrap his presents each year.  This was a teeny japanese chapstick [bought at the amazing japanese imports store in venice beach, such beautiful things!] in my stocking:


 Lola and Grandpop and their two grandgirls:


 nice, Edie:


 Our old neighbor, Tio, lives in California now and came down to spend Christmas and the week after with us.  It was very sweet how Vera still connected so well with him after all this time!


Her playdough ice cream store.  Such a hit - I always wanted something like this too!


 a beautiful long hike the day after Christmas
[longer than we'd planned but wonderful nonetheless...]:


watching some baby signing time together:


Vera taught Edie ring around the rosies while we hung out on the lawn at the Mission in San Juan Capistrano.  Edie looved it.  So cute to see her try to figure out how to fall down.


 it was such a gorgeous day



watching the waves over sunset cliffs... crazy to think I walked along them every day for a few years!  we are on the point loma campus here for those of you who don't know ben... not bad, eh?


in venice beach:




I love this picture of Vera and Jessie!  Reminds me a bit of this one which I've always loved:


I just spent 30 minutes looking for that picture, mostly just reading old posts. I really really love that I've kept a blog, it's so much fun to look back and remember things.


***Hope you all had a wonderful, memorable Christmas too!***

1 comment:

Kendra Kelley said...

I love your blog Anne! This is the first time I have seen it. What a beautiful and amazing family. :)