1.11.2012

*quilt!




I have had "make a quilt" on my list of things to do for a long time now.  I saw this one on Katie Did a few years ago and have had it in my head ever since as one I'd like to try.  She later did a tutorial of this go-to quilt.  [her blog was one of my absolute favorites as far as the beautiful, creative, original, modern things she sewed up.  her girls were adorable, fun little models too!  thankfully she still has her archives up, you should look through them if you need sewing inspiration] With Ben's immediate family we choose one name and have to make our gift - I knew this was what I wanted to do this year for Matty.  I even copied her colors because I liked them so much and thought he would too.. though I did choose the quilting thread colors :)  As usual, it took me forever to accomplish each step: buying the supplies, the fabric cut, the layers assembled, etc.  I had the invaluable help of my friend, Sydney, from church - she is an accomplished quilt maker, winning first prize at the Utah state fair at least once [imagine the quilters here in mormonland!].  She showed me how to get started and some really good tips along the way. It was a little embarrassing to show this expert my sloppy job, but I guess that's the nature of your first project.  I am really excited to experiment and get a little more creative with piecing things together and such. I started a board a while ago on pinterest of all the quilts I am inspired by.  

Anyway, I was awful proud of myself
and glad I have a blog to let you all know about it :)



It was about 60"x70" and a little difficult to manage through the sewing machine at times!

3 comments:

jennifer l-w said...

Way to go, Anne! Looks great!

Unknown said...

You should be proud of yourself, and rightly so. You did a very nice job for a first effort. This weekend is Quilt Etc. open house. Stop by and see all the wonderful new projects and the new class schedule. I am working Fri. night and Saturday, would love to see you.
-Sydney

Jenny said...

Great job- I am SO impressed!!! I bet he loved it. He better:)