9.17.2008

*did you know

...that her name rhymes with SARAH? You may have noticed our friend Sarah conveniently spells it Varah. Anyway, VEEra is a Russian name that means gift of faith. Varah is an Italian name that means true. Just thought I'd clear that up.

....adding this later: Coincidentally, this afternoon we were walking through the park with our friends and met a very sweet Romanian couple who wanted to meet all the babies. When I said her name was Vera, he said [in a very adorable accent] Veera - like the Russian name? Yes I said - with older people I usually just go with that since it's what they know. But then I asked him if there was an equivalent in Romania and he said Ve-ra, just like we say (well with a Spanish sounding Ve-da). Anyway that made me happy - I like confirmation that this whole thing isn't something I made up in my head. :)



[tamara, i was trying to get a flower-petal picture...]

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Great tutorial, the rhyming thing always helps! Fun seeing you girls today, Jenny

sarah said...

Sweet booty shorts! Varah gurl, you hot! And that's the truth. And those sexy stems are a gift from god, your mom is right.

Emily said...

I didn't! What kind of moron am I? Thanks for bringing me up to speed...