9.26.2008

*thinking

Yesterday I twice observed Vera's little problem-solving skills emerging. I was feeding the baby in the high chair and Vera pushed her little chair over and climbed on top of it so she could see better! I don't think she's done anything like that before. Later she was bringing me books to read and picked a particularly heavy one. She couldn't carry both the book and her milk at the same time. I could see her little wheels turning as she paused to look at both. She put the milk down, came over with the book, turned around to fetch her milk and then came back to sit in my lap! So cute. and smart.

However, this morning I watched her try to get through the door sideways with the swiffer. She just kept pushing harder and harder. I thought she might try backing up and starting over, but nope :)

Also she has been incessantly climbing up her high chair. She's great at getting up but hasn't figured out how to get down - so far she holds her arms out to me and leaps.



...we have some things to work on...

No comments: