9.28.2008

*resolved

I've been thinking of some realistic little changes I want to make in my life. I figure if they're written in stone here on the internet, I might come through:

1. Make homemade bread [my mom did, why can't I?]

2. Get up before Vera to read my Bible [the first day I tried this, she got up an hour early :( ]

3. Waste less food [it's so easy to ignore the stuff in the fridge and go to Barbacoa 3X/week]

4. Drink more water [lately I'll realize all I've had is mate].

5. Eat less ice cream [sad, but I have to do it].

6. Sign up for a 1/2 marathon for the Spring [the only way I can motivate is to pay the fee].

7. Cut flowers from the garden [both our moms did - such an easy way to make things pretty].


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I love those resolves! So, one of the blogs I read does this "Commitment to loveliness" each month where she lists out 5 things she resolves to do to make her and her families life more lovely. Wanna do it? It's kind of a dorky homemaker thing to do...but I guess that's me because I love the idea:) Anyway, we'll talk. Jen

Tammy said...

Hi Anne! I love this post. Well thought out ideas, and they seem pretty do-able.

So, what 1/2 are you going to do? I am already signed up for the Salt Lake 1/2. We could possibly do some training together, depending on how fast you are (I'm slowish vs some runners, because I racewalk).

Love the flowers, too - I just cut some roses from my garden the other day and maybe will post a photo on my blog now :). Good idea!

Em and Jud said...

Great ideas--go for it!

Gorgeous roses!!

argenchine said...

hola--of course i don't mind your perusals :) i'm interested in hearing more about your thoughts on buenos aires. any places (besides touristy stuff) you really liked?

p.s. nothing wrong with mate !