11.01.2008

*la conejita

To be honest, I don't usually like Halloween. There's just something though about dressing little babies up as bunnies and pumpkins and little bears that makes you want to freak out because of the cuteness [all you other blogging friends better post your halloween pictures!]. Vera got to wear her bunny costume both Thursday and Friday night. The first time I put it on she hated it - until we got to the neighbors' and they began exclaiming how cute she was. She warmed up then.


Last night we had so much fun just watching her do her normal things [reading books, swiffering the floor, turning in circles] - but dressed as a cuddly little bunny. When the trick-or-treaters started coming she was a little hesitant at first [by the way, most of them were hispanic and would exclaim conejita! :)]. By the end of the night, though, she loved it. At one point when the doorbell rang, she was all the way in the kitchen. I yelled - hurry, Vera!! I've never seen her move so quickly and with such a look of urgency on her face :) She kept looking at the door and signing/saying more, more, more [meh! meh! meh!]! I'm pretty sure she meant 'more kids'. Oh my, it was so fun to see her excitement. She even moo-ed at a little cow that came to the door. As I laid her down in her crib she was still pointing towards the front door and I had to say, "all gone, all done! good night kids!"

***



{last year}

4 comments:

Melissa Abby said...

I am the same way about halloween but as soon as I put Grant in his giraffe costume I am hooked now :) Vera looks adorable as always!

Emily said...

oh-so-cute!!!

Jenny said...

I LOVE that first picture. I love it enough to wish that we had put the babes in costumes and taken them to our neighbors:) Ah well, maybe next year. Yep, we are totally Halloween duds. I even told Joel, " Happy Harvest Day!" and then immediately thought, "I have turned into my mother!" I can't even say the word Halloween. Hee,hee. Anyway, Vera was the cutest little bunny ever. Jen

Jeremy, Julie, Eva and Kate said...

What a sweet bunny!!