1.07.2009

*17 months



I feel kind of silly doing these monthly updates still... You can scan if you like, but it's fun for me :)

At almost 1 1/2, Vera's most repeated words are asookie [meaning unknown], poopoo [yup], daddy/doggy [they sound exactly the same: use context], Des-ta and Me-me [Stella and Amelia. pretty much anything reminds her of one of them].. and NO!

She has all 4 molars just peeking through, causing some major crankiness.

She is obsessed with Little Bear [pretty cute, innocent (albeit dorky) little cartoon. via the twins via soulemama.]. We're not allowed to say it out loud and I try to keep her from seeing the computer too much or it reminds her she needs to watch an episode. I will say "just one, ok?" and she holds her one finger up to her cheek and says, "two?" I'm not saying she understands counting - I don't really know what she thinks one/two means.

She's pretty good at remembering names and pointing out who's who in photos. I'm thinking of making flashcards :)

She's off the bottle! My little scheme worked: over Christmas I had my sister bring an extra sippy cup just like her kids' and gave Vera her milk while they had theirs. I really emphasized that it was Olivia's cup and how pretty/cool it was. Olivia complied and would pretend to drink from it too. She's only said NO! and thrown it on the floor a few times. I guess now I have to think about how to stop the sippy?

2 comments:

Mackenzie said...

i LOVE that shirt!

Jeremy, Julie, Eva and Kate said...

When do we get to see her again? We miss you guys. You make things sound so easy...off the bottle just like that! xoxo