1.22.2009

*a good, full, normal, happy day

We haven't had one of these in a while - at least a whole day of niceness. She was happy/tantrum-free, super talkative and had a good appetite. The 3 of us had pancakes together before heading off to the library to play with our favorite friends and stay for story time. Vera took a typical micro-nap which was ok because she woke up and we cuddled with some books for a while afterward. We sorted shapes for a bit, I read my Saveur and had mate while she played by herself and then we walked to the grocery store. Came back and went over to our neighbors' for tea and tangerines. Came home and made some yummy pasta together and then played some more. She went to bed sooo easy which has been a problem lately - even said "bye!" as I closed the door. and then I got to watch some 2 hours straight of Thursday night tv :) Thank you Lord for a good day!

Thought I'd share the pasta we had because it's really good and easy. It also gets Vera to eat a good amount of spinach because it's all creamy and cheesy and hidden in the spirals of the noodles. I kind of made it up, but am sure I saw something somewhere [I'm thinking Jamie Oliver?].

whole wheat or barilla plus SPIRALS
mascarpone cheese
frozen chopped spinach
parmesan
salt + pepper

[it would be good w. some sauteed garlic + chili flakes i imagine...]

No real instructions ... I cooked pasta/spinach separately and then stirred it all together with a little of the pasta water. mmm.


No picture from the day so here's a year ago: playing her favorite peek-around-the-corner game:

No comments: