1.13.2009

*enfermita

To follow up, I did get up forty minutes before Vera yesterday morning! This morning however, Vera woke up throwing up at 1am. Poor little thing, it made my heart break to see her scared and miserable like that. There was no getting her down again, so I brought her to our bed [Ben --thankfully, I'm sure-- banished to the guest room]. We watched Little Bear, slept a bit, puked some more, put down new towels, half-dozed again while she watched more Little Bear [tho' she kept nudging me to wake up - she would not lie down!], threw up again, and finally ended up bringing in the dawn together with Sesame Street and Arthur. By 9:00 she finally gave in and went to sleep - as did I:



..as tired as I was, it just made my heart grow even more for this little one in my care...

7 comments:

Jeremy, Julie, Eva and Kate said...

Poor poor baby....hope the two of you get some rest and that she feels better soon.

Heather said...

:( Hope she feels better soon.

Ryan. Beth. Pierce. Paige. Ollie. said...

poor baby. sick bambinos are the sad, sad, saddest. hope she's feeling better soon!

Emily said...

oh poor sweet little thing! what a good mamma you are, hope she's feeling better now and you can get some rest tonight!

Em and Jud said...

Poor girl! I hope Vera's feeling better today, and that you all are a little bit more rested.

Anonymous said...

she feeling any better tonight?

Jenny said...

So sorry for passing "the pukes" (is that what you called it in your e-mail:) on to poor V. Hope she is still doing better and getting her appetite back. Happy Friday! Jen

P.S. Joel is working tomorrow, so if you want to go for a walk just let me know.