1.25.2009

*one more christmas present

- taken with the other:

I'm really excited about my new sewing machine!!! Thank you, Mom! She's probably more excited just to see me sewing :) She always tried to get us to make things when we were little - clothes for our dolls and ourselves [very modest ones of course :)]. I rebelled [as always] but am coming 'round again. So far I've made some not-very-square napkins. Really pretty prints though, maybe the recipients won't notice the wavering seamlines? There is just so many ideas out there and so many cute fabrics - I hardly know where to start! Lessons perhaps, I really want to get good at this...

2 comments:

Emily said...

I was just thinking yesterday to ask you how this was going~ Yea for sewing!

Em and Jud said...

Good for you! What a wonderful gift - can't wait to see what projects you create!