3.25.2009

*

Vera often wakes up from a nap, not just grumpy or sensitive, but hysterical. I'm always jealous of those people whose babies wake up sweet and quiet, talking softly to themselves in the crib [we do have that a couple times a week...] I'd love to hear any thoughts, but there doesn't seem to be a pattern - she'll be that way after a short nap, a long nap, with a full tummy, ready to eat, having gone down easily, doesn't matter. Today was especially bad. I finally got her to calm down saying we'd take the umbrella outside for a walk in the rain. You have to be careful though, because the littlest thing will set her off again. First it was that [I think, hard to tell], I handed her the umbrella instead of holding it myself, then our neighbor invited us in to give Vera some specially baked mini banana muffins [so nice :)] and she fell apart when I left the umbrella on the steps. Then she fell apart again when I picked her up going up our steps - I think she wanted to walk herself. Goodness, I couldn't do anything right :) I learned for the most part to just go along with it, try my best and have a sense of humor in the midst of the hysteria.

So anyway, today after dropping the umbrella off back at home and eating a couple muffins, we went for a nice little walk down our street. She was just so cute and sniffly with her hands in her pockets that I had to take a few pictures.

1 comment:

Familia Gonzalez said...

you are not alone...we have days just like that. I don´t think there is any solution other than what you said to find humor in it. If we don´t I think we will go CRAZY. I just got a big box of green apples from a friend who works in the fruit business and am going to attempt making an apple pie from your recipe...wish me luck. :)