3.30.2009

*me aburro


So when I texted my good good friend yesterday that I was bored, I knew exactly what she'd tell me. I always remember her saying that she doesn't let herself get bored. There's always something you can be doing with yourself. I guess she didn't have to tell me that - I even have a list on my fridge for those moments titled "What can I do?" with things like make those cards, organize this desk, research this one thing, etc. So I guess my problem is usually that I'm lazy and don't feel like doing anything except sitting - which my small child doesn't let me often do. So I texted back and promised to make something that night - even if I did just be lazy for the afternoon. Not sure if she got the end of my text [sí?], but I said I'd take a picture as proof. So here, I made a skirt! I'm quite proud of myself for just doing it - so easy too, I made it in less than 2 hours and then even finished A Tale of Two Cities [albeit a day late for book club]! What a productive evening, I should do this more.

It's a little too big and looks a little silly over her big diaper, but will be perfect for this summer. She would not stand still for me to get a good picture!! I think she was busy here trying to balance a small button on her shoe...


...though just to see if I could get her attention, I asked where her belly-button was :)




[and yes look at that mess in the background! there's something I could be doing...]

3 comments:

Em and Jud said...

Anne! The skirt is so cute and the Easter dress is beautiful! Good for you! Sending you happy spring thoughts. xoxo

Emily said...

Is that the Lazy Days skirt? I made one too last week for Ella's Easter Basket~ ridiculously simple, and so cute! I think I never commented on the Easter dress~ love your hard work, budding seamstress!

sarah said...

Varah gone wild!