3.06.2009

*il lavoro



You may have heard that I got a job! I could not be more excited and I will tell you why:

So there's this most amazing Italian cheese shop/deli that I have wanted to work at since the day I stepped inside several years ago. They're opening a new dinner-only restaurant and I get to be a server Friday and Saturday nights only!! So I have to work only on the busiest nights, don't ever have to worry about a lunch shift and will mostly be away from little V during sleeping hours. Everyone involved is so passionate and knowledgeable about food [as well as friendly and down-to-earth] and I just can't believe I get to be a part of it!! It's a very established establishment and they are really into the "family aspect of business" as well as supporting and utilizing as many small-time producers as possible - everything from cheese to lamb to wine. The past couple days we've had wine tastings, where I get to sit with some serious food+wine people - learning so so much.

I'm just happy to have a little outlet to look forward to. As you may know, Ben studies a lot. My evenings are often spent on the internet or watching + re-watching Arrested Development or other not so worthy shows such as.... the Bachelor. So to be out learning, talking about, eating, selling, being excited about good, real, Italian cheeses, handmade pastas, delicious wines ... all while getting paid??? All I could think today was, seriously??? God is good.

9 comments:

Ryan. Beth. Pierce. Paige. Ollie. said...

Good for you! You'll love it and your patrons will love you! And, since Ben burns the midnight oil, you can still see him when you get home. ;)

Heather said...

Yay! Sounds like an awesome job!! And you'll still be able to watch the Bachelor (or Bachelorette when it starts!) :)

Em and Jud said...

Congrats, Anne! Sounds wonderful, and you'll both learn a lot and have fun. Wish I could come to this neat place for their delicacies!

Anonymous said...

This fits you so well. God is good.

Beth Lillstrom said...

Congratulations Anne! That is so fantastic!

Esti said...

Felicidades!!

sarah said...

is it the same place we got cheese at when I was there?

don't worry, I'm sure there is someone else out there that watched the bachelor... :)

So excited for you annie!

ann.e said...

sarah it's even BETTER than the place we went to!

Melissa Abby said...

That sounds like an amazing place, I LOVE cheese :)