7.14.2009

*a day

A pretty normal, great day here. After sleeping until 8:00 in her own bed, Vera and I had a fun little trip to the grocery store. We came back with some little hair things which I tried to talk up the whole way home. Is it bad that I think she is about the cutest thing in the world with these little ponytails?? Too bad they lasted about 10 minutes... the rest of the day if I tried to put them in I was met with fierce opposition.


One nice advantage to Ben being a student is that he is around during the day to help out with Vera. He's actually taken most of the summer off from serious studying and I've been a bit spoiled. So today, during her 2 hour nap, I went to the mall and found some cute shorts + a top [thank you you know who!] and a cute on-sale bathroom rug at Anthropologie. When I got home, Ben and Vera went on a nice long bike ride out for ice cream and the park:


Meanwhile I got to be home alone. I made popsicles [more coconut ones... I think this batch will be gooood] as well as an attempt to copy a dish from work. It tasted good but didn't look very pretty :) Either way, I really enjoyed the time by myself. I haven't had much time to cook lately and it was so nice - thank you Ben!!

Before Vera went off to bed we hung out over at our neighbors' for a bit. She truly loves these 2 and it makes us so happy to see. It also makes us realize how great it would be to live near more family!!!! [I say more because we do live near my brother, who also stopped by today. Vera showed him every possible toy and activity she loves, from Bunny to making a train with chairs to drinking tea :)]


She was a bit too wound up perhaps and didn't go to bed well, unfortunately. I guess it couldn't be all perfect :)




*So that was our day! We've been in need of this kind...*

3 comments:

momandpop said...

Truly a loof-ly day! You're all so deserving. And thank you, Lord!
Her ponytails make me think of a blond Pippy Longstockings. And then there's dear Rob. I totally know how little guys like to show company their things.

Jeremy, Julie, Eva and Kate said...

umm..I wish I could have joined you...it all sounded like so much fun:)

Maria said...

Camdyn is OBSESSED with having her hair in pony tails.....we take turns doing each other's hair....it seems to make her more willing to let me mess with her hair, if I have just let her mess with mine! 8)