7.01.2009

*notas del trabajo 2

*Despite all the greatness my job should be, I find myself really drug [dragged?] down by certain people, things, things people have said, etc. Tonight I left early for work so I could have a minute to read my Daily Light [scripture excerpts]. I decided to just find one that I could keep in my head all night, and this was it: "the fruit of the spirit is goodness." If you're not Bible-saavy, you might be creeped out by the wording there, but really it just means that if you are a Christian, one thing that should show up in your life is goodness. Now that's one thing I do not see flowing from my life as of late! So tonight every time I wanted to complain or gripe in my head or be negative, I dismissed the thought and tried to fill it with good, thankful thoughts and to be all-around nice even to the few people who might not show me the same. And you know what? It worked, I left for home feeling so much better about it all.

*I really really like my one coworker, and I'm not saying that because she knows about this blog :) You know the kind of person you can just talk and talk and talk with? And is happy and so interesting and kind and fun?

*One of my favorite things is getting to garnish the chocolate truffle plates with a curlicue of dulce de leche. It makes my night and makes me miss T's creations at Old Venice and D's at Scotty's.

*So we have these huge wall-sized doors that are open to the patio. Tonight there was some cra---zy lighting and thunder. We've had some huge storms since like May, but tonight I think the lightning was extra close. At one point I was talking to a table [who happens to own one of the best restaurants in town] and there was an enormous crack of lightning - I yelped and grabbed my customer's arm! oops. He was very cute and nice about it :)

*Ben's text to me about Vera was "asleep without a peep" !!

1 comment:

momandpop said...

God's Word will never fail. Good for you to trust it, Anne! And happy for Ben's text!