7.13.2009

*los ríos chiquitos


I don't think I've ever posted about these before.. probably because I never have my camera on me when we play here. The park near our house has this amazing children's water play-area: there are 7 little rivers coming down from 7 little canyons, named after each of the 7 canyons to our east. They meet in one bigger "river" and collect in a mini Salt Lake. Seriously, this would have been heaven to me when I was little!!! So many rocks and waterfalls to climb, hidden pools to find. This morning Vera and I went on a short walk to the park and happened to be right there when they turned the waters on. We were the only ones and she had such a great time just walking in the water, watching sticks float downstream and climbing over the bridges. Next time I'll bring my camera, but I got a couple with my phone. [they're all from this morning. Before we took off her dress and before/after I realized I had one of those required plasticky diaper covers.]
***On another note! Remember when I said my happiness is tied to Vera's sleeping? Well she just went down for a nap without crying and has been asleep approx. 51 minutes. In fact, she said good night to Ben and went up to her crib and tried to climb in!! Perhaps she's realized she needs to get some sleep???***

3 comments:

momandpop said...

These are such great summer pictures. I love the first one especially with her summer "whites" on, her tan, and blonde hair. What a thrill that you got to see the water gush forth! Keeping her close to nature -- you and Ben are doing such good things with and for her.

Emily said...

Wow, how cool. I wish we had something that cool to splash around in, although not today!

Ryan. Beth. Pierce. Paige. Ollie. said...

criminy christmas. i'm floored by all of this post. those rivers look soooo fun! and, i hope, hope, hope that little vera has realized the importance of a good nap!