1.13.2010

*la mochila



I was so excited to give Vera her Christmas present!! She can spot a pink backpack from a mile away and had often told me she would get a pink one someday to walk to school with. Anyway, I made this one from a pattern that Julie [via Emily] told me about from here. It did take me a while, mostly because after buying the fabric [easy part] I procrastinated a few weeks and then when I did get started, made several very silly and costly mistakes. If you decide to make it, email me and I will tell you what I did wrong! She loves it as much as I thought she would. It was so cute - and helpful! - on our plane rides as she could carry all her little goodies herself feeling like such a big girl. Another great handmade [not by me] thing for the plane was a roll-up crayon holder. She literally colored the whole time on every flight.

bunny did some coloring too...

4 comments:

Emily said...

Oooh, yours turned out so cute! Great work! So what was your costly mistake? I found it to be a pretty frustrating pattern too. But she's a hobby-seamstress so I can't be too upset by it. Made anything else fun lately?

ann.e said...

thanks! I want to see yours though!! I stupidly didn't pay attention and cut the paper pattern before attaching it to the fabric - so I ended up cutting most of my fabric pieces in 2 if that makes sense. I had to buy more fabric where I didn't have enough to redo :( I think I also cut something too short or forgot to give an allowance and had to fenagle (sp) a bit :)

I'm making her a duvet cover exactly like Adelaide's on lovely design for Vera's BIG GIRL bed :) You?? post more on your blog! it totally inspires me :)

Mackenzie said...

after looking at your photos from christmas on fb and now reading this post, i can tell that little vera is developing quite the little personality and it shines through in all of your blog posts. i only met her when she was a wee one (i want to say she was only a month or so old?) but i feel like i've watched her grow up as you share stories, pictures, and videos of ALL of her moments, even the not-so-lovely ones ;) i like that about your blog - its unabashed. an unabashed blog :)

happy new year!

Em and Jud said...

LOVE the backpack! I've seen one in person (Eva's) and am so impressed. Wish I could get there someday. Maybe, just maybe. And I will ask you guys for tips!