5.10.2010

*dia de la madre


We had a lovely day yesterday!  I have a hard time sleeping late, so I got up early and snuggled on the couch watching cartoons with Vera - a perfect start to my day kissing her sweet, messy little head every minute or so.  Then I went back to bed and slept an hour or two while Ben cleaned the kitchen - not bad :)

It was a beautiful, warm day so we headed up to Park City and went for a nice walk.  We've always thought this big white barn was so beautiful and it was great to see it up close.  Vera was such a good girl that we went out for ice cream afterwards.  I got a kiddie size [biggest showing of self-control ever] because I was excited to get home for dinner!  Ever since having lunch with Julie and Erin on Queen Anne, I've had crepes with ham and gruyere on the mind.  I'd bought some fancy ingredients at Caputos on Saturday and made just what I wanted for dinner.  We ate it too fast to get a picture.  

A perfectly normal, lovely day as a family!  I really love being a mom and hope to grow this next year as I think about the kind of mothers Ben and I had: joyful, selfless, creative, energy-filled [or at least pretended to be], motivated, capable in so many house-wiferly ways and utterly committed to God and prayer.

2 comments:

jessie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Yay! Happy (belated) Mother's Day, Anne! It sounds like you had a marvelous day. You really deserve it. You so a good mama :)