5.06.2010

*el viaje - parte 1

Home from our big annual trip up to the Seattle area!  We first stayed a few days with my cousin and her family.  Vera behaved fairly well, though she seemed to forget her manners a lot which surprised me - she's usually good with pleases/thank-yous with people she doesn't know well.  There was also one epic-like fit on our way to the children's museum that left me a little ragged - sorry cousins :/  It's really hard to manage those situations when you're with other people and not at home!  

Anyway it's been so fun to see Vera and Pierce change and grow with each visit!  Vera took a day or so to warm up, but they were soon playing together like old friends, running around in circles, falling down, laughing, etc.  It was fun to see her relate to little Paige too (15 mos) - as she doesn't have experience with real little ones.  I loved getting to just sit and spend time with my cousin while the kiddies played amongst themselves :)   

Cute little buddies:

It rained a lot:

Purple sand at the Olympia children's museum.  I thought this museum was so amazing and filled with such creative, fun things!!  Salt Lake's might be fancier, but this was so much more fun:

Trying to make Paige play "set the table and eat with me":

Teaching Pierce the bad habit of throwing cushions and jumping on furniture:

Cutie pie Paige trying her best to join the aerobics class:

The foam pit at Pierce's gymnastics class.  I can't imagine anything more fun:

Of course there was only one picture taken of the grownups:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Isn't that the way it always is, more pics of the kids than the grown ups. I'm usually the one behind the lens, so there are less of me than anybody.

momandpop said...

I wasn't fortunate enough to have cousins in my life(my mom being an only child and my dad's family far away in the Philippines)so it just warms my heart to see Vera have so many, and have such good times with them!! So glad you got to go, Anne. And you look beautiful.